It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 pm



Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
The Sjever collection 
Author Message
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 1838
Country: San Marino (sm)
Post Re: June 14th
Yoda wrote:
Parcels are here, five of them and 17 kilos.....

:o :o The shipping mush have been quite expensive!


Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:01 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post The Sjever collection
mykeos wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Parcels are here, five of them and 17 kilos.....

:o :o The shipping mush have been quite expensive!


I am not quite sure, but something like €150 should cover it.

Which it did, I looked at the shipping label.


Last edited by Yoda on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:20 am
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 3031
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: June 14th
am waiting for your good news

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:15 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
It's been a bit sad today, looking through all these things from Sjef, really not much fun. A strange feeling, handling his things, knowing that he is no more...

I have opened three boxes so far, sorted parts and watches, tools and more....it takes time when you sit and think about past times and conversations about some of these items in the boxes.

It will take time and I need you to be patient.


Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:41 am
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 3031
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Yoda wrote:
It's been a bit sad today, looking through all these things from Sjef, really not much fun. A strange feeling, handling his things, knowing that he is no more...

I have opened three boxes so far, sorted parts and watches, tools and more....it takes time when you sit and think about past times and conversations about some of these items in the boxes.

It will take time and I need you to be patient.


Hi Michael,

At least Sjef has a good friend in you who appreciates what he loves.

Am thinking to myself, if I were to pass away who will help me sort out my watches?

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:35 pm
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
leeyewfei wrote:
Yoda wrote:
It's been a bit sad today, looking through all these things from Sjef, really not much fun. A strange feeling, handling his things, knowing that he is no more...

I have opened three boxes so far, sorted parts and watches, tools and more....it takes time when you sit and think about past times and conversations about some of these items in the boxes.

It will take time and I need you to be patient.


Hi Michael,

At least Sjef has a good friend in you who appreciates what he loves.

Am thinking to myself, if I were to pass away who will help me sort out my watches?


It is my duty to make sure that these items won't go for less than a fair market price. HF members will have advantages regarding pricing.

Lee, I have been thinking the same...


Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:17 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Ok, here it is.

I will do my best to describe all items accurately and as honest as possible, also open cases to look and take photos of the movement.

BUT I will not service or repair anything, I would go under if I were to do that as well. If there issues, the interested person will know before anything else.


Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:21 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Everything will be priced to sell, with respect for funds and time invested by Sjef to have these.

I have serviced, repaired and corrected many of these builds over these last 10 years, so I know what I have in my hands. I am a little uncertain regarding prices for some builds, but I am learning fast these days.

This is for Nellie and Sjef, bear that in mind!


Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 1838
Country: San Marino (sm)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Thank you,Michael! :wave: :thumbup: :thumbup:


Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:06 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
I need to slow down now, I almost tossed a SF240 parts movement, had in two fingers on its way to the recycling bin when I saw something familiar....waaaat... hehe!

Down to one box left, all sorted after that.

Guys, there are four SF240 builds....more later.


Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:29 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
My god, how big is a Mare Nostrum case? It looks like a basket....


Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Sjef knew....

This note telling the family about me, one of the reasons why everything is here now.


More...

I found a note in the last box, under the papers with a SF240 build I repaired 2012. It says, "October 2016-11-29. Dear Michael, I am long gone when you see this".......

I need to take a break...........


Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:15 am
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 1838
Country: San Marino (sm)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Yoda wrote:
Sjef knew....

This note telling the family about me, one of the reasons why everything is here now.


More...

I found a note in the last box, under the papers with a SF240 build I repaired 2012. It says, "October 2016-11-29. Dear Michael, I am long gone when you see this".......

I need to take a break...........


It can be an overwhelming experience,take your time,my friend.Such processes are never easy to do,but it's a chance to say goodbye to a friend one more time...


Last edited by mykeos on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:23 am
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 3031
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Michael,

good to know that Sjef has you around.

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:12 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm
Posts: 889
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
mykeos wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Sjef knew....

This note telling the family about me, one of the reasons why everything is here now.


More...

I found a note in the last box, under the papers with a SF240 build I repaired 2012. It says, "October 2016-11-29. Dear Michael, I am long gone when you see this".......

I need to take a break...........


It can be a overwhelming experience,take your time,my friend.Such processes are never easy to do,but it's a chance to say goodbye to a friend one more time...


+1
...and a very touching sign of the deep trust Sjef placed into you and the great friendship you could share.


Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 pm
Profile
Elite Member

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:33 am
Posts: 176
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Oh, that was tough to read, sorry, may your memories be joyous and many.


Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6529
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
My deepest sympathies go out to you. May God give you the peace that you seek.

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:08 pm
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Thanks guys.

Better today, I feel that I have control now, sorted everything in groups: quartz, reps/entry level, reps/higher level, "P" builds, "P" bought, parts, ladies watches, straps, hides, tools and accessories.

I will probably put some of it aside as it won't be interesting, but perhaps upload it as a lot on some auction site.


Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:46 am
Profile
VIP Member

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 3093
Location: Stockholm the Rockholm
Country: Sweden (se)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
I have changed my mind after a week with these items. I said that I wouldn't repair anything, but some of them needed attention and almost all of them are in working order now.


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 am
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 3031
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: The Sjever collection
Great dedication Michael! :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:58 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Majestic-12 [Bot], mykeos and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group • Designed by STSoftware for PTF • Advertisements by Advertisement Management