Instagram 
Watch Geek

Post Instagram
Is anyone else following Perezcope on Instagram? :shock:

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 am
VIP Member

Post Instagram
Interesting.

If they’re following him they should also follow Orchi Palar who seems is taking him to task finally for his self proclaimed expertise and various assumptions.

https://www.instagram.com/orchi_palar

Unfortunately many HF members are being slandered and some of Jose’s fan boys are coming after me as if I have anything to do with their silliness and people selling fake stuff as real.

Jose simply went after a dead man and his family who lost their him only a year or so ago and then a pregnant book publisher so there is growing backlash.

Jose himself went after me and my family on a posting of his that he has since come to his senses (after significant ridicule) and removed.

He even attacks my watches and yet never once have I ever sold anything to be authentic that was an homage.

Version 1

Version 2

At least he calls my builds “high-end” :lol: I work really hard on them.

And here’s the reason he came after me. Just because I said Jose is Amperes:

His final threat:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240

Last edited by civic4982 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 am
VIP Member

Post Re: Instagram
That IG account recently came to my attention, he reads like Donald Trump's soulmate: grandiose and paranoid with a good helping of hypocrisy.

Thumbed through a few posts and after wading through thinly veiled insults and seeing conspiracy mentioned for the 3rd time I moved on to something with a bit more intellectual content like water bottle flips and Walmart country singer memes.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 am

Last paragraphImage

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 am
Watch Geek

This whole thing is a bit sad. Valid theory or not, posting a family photo of someone is over the line and completely unacceptable in any and all circumstances, irrespective of whether he’s now deleted the post or not - which he has.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:27 am
Watch Wizard

I really like the investigations of perezcope and that he is uncovering many fake watches. I really learnt a lot about vintage panerai.
I think we all love watches and all our builds are getting better and better but selling fakes as the true thing is false. Of course many people are getting mad cauz the vintage market is going down and some people will lose a lot of money.

What I don't like about Perezcope is how he is doing this.
Both sides are insulting each other and it's not an objective discussion anymore.
Is so sad to read that some good fellas of HF are insulted and getting blamed.
It's even worse to publish family Fotos of people, clear names and addresses. That's soooooo wrong! And doesn't make you trustworthy.

I don't know civic well but I admire his builds
and I'm also following him on Instagram.
It's obviously that he is building homages, he has even posted some build logs.
His posted pictures says that the watches are homages and some has gen parts installed.

Just my 2cents

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:10 am
Watch Geek

Fraud and conspiracy to defraud are fairly serious criminal offences in the UK,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Greenhalgh

Last edited by Saab_99 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:58 am
VIP Member

Saab_99 wrote:
Is anyone else following Perezcope on Instagram? :shock:

No, but I have read some recently, just to keep myself updated. I avoid social media as much as possible, I don't need any publicity.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:00 am
VIP Member

It's too bad really, trying to get a better understanding of how it got to this point I went back and thumbed through old content and stumbled upon the SeaLab Chronicles article. It was an interesting read and close to my heart as my old man was a Navy Salvage Diver and did a lot of deep sea experiments. I wish he had kept to that content instead of trolling, accusations, conspiracy theories and ignoring counter evidence. Why he thought he could throw mud at so many people and stay clean is beyond me.

The wise know there is more to learn, the ignorant are close minded.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 pm
Watch Idiot Savant

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:02 pm

I wondered if any other HF folks were watching this all unfold. Between Jose and O that is.

I have to say, I'm confused as to what happened to Jose to cause him to snap like that. Up until this point he has mostly posted positive things and his blog is a fascinating, well done collection of historical stories and interesting "anomalies" in vintage panerais. Now, all of the sudden, he's on this crusade to slander people and "blow the lid off" some grand conspiracy to defraud people etc. None of what he is doing is in good taste. Pretty disturbing.

What's most odd about him flying off the handle like this is that his history is not without flaws. He was very active here (admittedly before my time here) and involved in some high level parts manufacturing discussions etc. So to now take the high road and claim moral superiority like that is somewhat shocking.

Posting Civic's family on IG crossed a line. I lost all respect for Jose at that instant (though it was fading fast before that tbh).

Crazy how seriously some people take this hobby. Can't we all just get along? :D

Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:20 am
VIP Member

I'm just a "small time faker" its all above my pay grade .
let the dogs bark

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:56 pm
VIP Member

mark_midlands wrote:
I'm just a "small time faker" its all above my pay grade .
let the dogs bark

To me, you are not a faker. As you said, let the dogs bark.

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 pm
Elite Member

Could this bring me better sales of my products?... jajajaj

About a year ago or more, José says a lot of bad things of my products, then he with another member starts a thread with sign up to make 616 to 618 conversion kits (i already have developed that), he gives technical information to develop the bridges and also sponsor those... the time pass, never develop those and now, a couple weeks ago, in instagram he talks shit about the forum, the members and the products here was used by many. Also says the name of the forum and tells here sells/develop fake parts for Panerai... I think that its not a good publicity for the forum and also not safe for some members.

Some day he will give personal information (address, names, etc ) to the intagram public of any users (if he publish a picture of other member in instagram, in future any thing its possible).. i think he is not a person anybody can trust.

Sorry for my english :P

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:36 pm
VIP Member

pammy wrote:
I have to say, I'm confused as to what happened to Jose to cause him to snap like that.

What's most odd about him flying off the handle like this is that his history is not without flaws. He was very active here (admittedly before my time here) and involved in some high level parts manufacturing discussions etc. So to now take the high road and claim moral superiority like that is somewhat shocking.

What caused Jose to snap is being a f****** c**t.

When you’re classless trash, you don’t assess the situation of your ideations of grandeur appropriately. Subsequently you step into sh*t that you can’t wipe off and instead try licking it off the soles of your boots only to find your face covered in feces.

I called this poseur out for what he was years ago. Nice to see he lived up to my expectations.

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 pm
VIP Member

chileant wrote:
Could this bring me better sales of my products?... jajajaj

About a year ago or more, José says a lot of bad things of my products, then he with another member starts a thread with sign up to make 616 to 618 conversion kits (i already have developed that), he gives technical information to develop the bridges and also sponsor those... the time pass, never develop those and now, a couple weeks ago, in instagram he talks shit about the forum, the members and the products here was used by many. Also says the name of the forum and tells here sells/develop fake parts for Panerai... I think that its not a good publicity for the forum and also not safe for some members.

Some day he will give personal information (address, names, etc ) to the intagram public of any users (if he publish a picture of other member in instagram, in future any thing its possible).. i think he is not a person anybody can trust.

Sorry for my english :P

You hit the nail on the head J.

Sorry for any hassle I gave you before and sorry for the grief that little c**t ha caused you and other members here like Mark.

We don’t deserve to be apart of his make believe conspiracy.

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Watch Wizard

i actually just discovered his website a few weeks ago. i've been spending hours and hours reading, and i've got to say, it's really impressive. what a shame he's gone this low and did that to civic.

it's always a fine line for me to talk about my watches to people who comment on them. people are crazy in this world, and have little respect for something they feel is right vs wrong and feel they need to do ridiculous things to put others down. i'm not saying it's right to pass off our "builds" as genuine, but we should have the right to enjoy them for ourselves and our community. i don't willingly post my watches on social media, but i've found google can pull images and threads from this forum, so the internet is "watching," so to speak. :lol:

i thought this was interesting. might he be referring to HF? we've stupefied him. :roll:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/jose-perez ... i-watches/

By the end of 2012, I stumbled upon a forum where people build similar watches from scratch using a combination of aftermarket and original parts. I was stunned to learn how much these astute enthusiasts knew about Panerai and about how to convert alarm clock movements. I was stupefied by their pursuit of perfection and by what is possible nowadays.

Aftermarket parts are getting better each day, and I see a lot of potential for causing harm in the future. I noticed that a few vendors don’t fully disclose converted movements when selling on eBay, and unfortunately, some of these parts have already entered the genuine vintage market.

However, to my total surprise, I discovered the same level of work and similarly converted movements in supposedly all-original pieces, which really freaked me out. Suddenly, I encountered a blurred line which I was not expecting to find.

The Best & Worst Of Historic Panerai Watches ABTW Interviews

Knowing how something is made is always an eye opener. It helps you to understand what you are looking at. There is a lot of insight gained through a deeper understanding of cause and effect. For instance, when you see an altered movement ring with recessed casing screws, you understand immediately that the movement inside this watch must be thinner than usual – since it is obviously sitting lowe[/i]

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:51 am
VIP Member

It seems the same Jose Perez AKA Amperes AKA failed seller of 618 conversion bridges has made some headlines for letting his dogs go to and hump on strays and when confronted by a Malaysian attorney and her friend he attacks her on the video followed by calling the man a “Jungle boy.”

As usual, keeping it classy and showing his true colors.

https://www.facebook.com/1079224510/pos ... 946632271/

http://www.chinapress.com.my/20180826/% ... %E7%B2%97/

Figured it was appropriate to share here if this thread got a bump.

He stills checks in here from time to time to try to erase his history of selling fake bridges with Julian and now trying to pretend he was knew nothing about it and never sold a fake 618 on eBay as real :lol:

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:27 pm
Watch Geek

What a complete douchebag.
I enjoyed his panerai related articles and was going to buy one of his timeline posters for my work area, but withdrew when I saw these awful displays of poor character.

Build Log

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:25 am
Watch Geek

I still admire the perezcope blog for the many minute details it is uncovering, learnt an incredible lot.

But WOW, this is quite an unpleasant development - for a lack of more appropriate words....

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]