It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
b-uhr 
VIP Member

Post b-uhr
Hi all,

Has anyone heard from Jay (b-uhr) recently?

A couple of years ago I bought a Helson Sharkmaster 600 on the bay, I had it sent to Jay, he then ordered a gen dial and had his watchmaker install it for me. Over the years, he told me he tried to send it to me several times and USPS always screwed up, finally he would get a check from USPS insurance because they lost the package, covering most of the cost of the watch - I'm not sure anymore but it must have been around 1200-1300 USD in total...

Anyway, until recently, I asked him very regularly (almost weekly) if there was any news, and I always received his answer in a couple of hours, always very friendly. Before the Helson situation, I bought stuff from him and he from me, everything always went perfect. Of course, that was years ago. The last few weeks, I don't get a response anymore.

I first started this topic in the VIP section, and it seems there are several members who had negative experiences.

C

Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:58 am
Watch Idiot Savant

Post Re: b-uhr
Yes I gave Jay a negative feedback.

Bought a watch from him 2-3 years ago, never got it after it was sent to someone else for fixing. Tons of excuses (USPS lost shipment blah blah blah never I never got the USPS shipping reference in the first place). Promised me he will send refund payment, Paypal can't work for him. Western Union don't work either. Asked for wire transfer, that did not work either coz his wife found out about it?????

Don't expect to get my money back. Made a complaint to Mel so as to warn others.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:45 am
VIP Member

leeyewfei wrote:

Bought a watch from him 2-3 years ago, never got it after it was sent to someone else for fixing. Tons of excuses (USPS lost shipment blah blah blah never I never got the USPS shipping reference in the first place). Promised me he will send refund payment, Paypal can't work for him. Western Union don't work either. Asked for wire transfer, that did not work either coz his wife found out about it?????

Don't expect to get my money back. Made a complaint to Mel so as to warn others.

Sounds like Jay is running the same grift on multiple old time members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240

Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:34 am
VIP Member

It is shame that it has come to this.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:36 am
Watch Idiot Savant

was a total waste of my time for more than a year.

if there's no money then could have told me earlier instead of wasting my time following up every now and then.

Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 am
VIP Member

Sorry this happened to you guys and thanks for posting. It is important for everyone to know these details.

47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 am
VIP Member

I've been talking to the moderators about this.

In the meantime, I discovered fellow member kanaks sold a very similar watch to "mine" here on HF: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42655

I sent him a couple of messages, asking if he might have any knowledge about the origin of this watch, but he hasn't responded me yet.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:38 am
Watch Wizard

Post b-uhr
Capricorn wrote:

In the meantime, I discovered fellow member kanaks sold a very similar watch to "mine" here on HF: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=42655

I sent him a couple of messages, asking if he might have any knowledge about the origin of this watch, but he hasn't responded me yet.

I’ve got this build now. It was built by b-uhr years back. Maybe 2014 or earlier.

Pm me the s/n of the Helson case. We can at least see if it was not another one he had or bought to rule out yours. What’s suspicious is the case has a different s/n than what’s on the warranty card in the tube.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:09 am
VIP Member

This is going to be interesting.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:53 am
Watch Fanatic

:wtf:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:55 am
Profile YIM
VIP Member

Hidden Impact wrote:
Capricorn wrote:

I’ve got this build now. It was built by b-uhr years back. Maybe 2014 or earlier.

Pm me the s/n of the Helson case. We can at least see if it was not another one he had or bought to rule out yours. What’s suspicious is the case has a different s/n than what’s on the warranty card in the tube.

Wow, amazing that Jay built two of these identical watches and promised them both to HF members.

leeyewfei wrote:

Amazing here too for Jay to have such poor luck with USPS and to even get them to pay out and give him money for the watches that went overseas. For high expenses it’s so hard to get USPS to pay but lucky folks like Jay must just have the magic touch.

It’s just too bad Jay was never able to get the money to either Leeyewfei nor Capricorn

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:12 am
Sponsor

Capricorn wrote:

Remember that PM notifications are not working so he has to log onto HF to see your PM. Not sure when he last visited, your can check on his profile.

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Watch Wizard

For what it’s worth, palani (kanakas) was very kind to get full insurance on the watch he sent me. $1600 worth.

Luckily there were no issues getting it to me.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:27 am
Watch Fanatic

blueradish wrote:
Capricorn wrote:

Remember that PM notifications are not working so he has to log onto HF to see your PM. Not sure when he last visited, your can check on his profile.

His last post was on April 7th

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:34 am
Profile YIM
Sponsor

a1k1dosan wrote:
blueradish wrote:
Capricorn wrote:

There it is, he has no idea you've PM'd him. He's not a big poster here, so you many want to see if he is active on another forum under the same name.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:28 am
Profile WWW
VIP Member

blueradish wrote:
a1k1dosan wrote:
blueradish wrote:
Capricorn wrote:

There it is, he has no idea you've PM'd him. He's not a big poster here, so you many want to see if he is active on another forum under the same name.

They have been communicating via email for some time now on this ongoing issue of several years and suddenly he vanished.

It’s not been via PM system.

The same was true with Lee. He dragged him out on it to the time son of years and so Lee eventually gave up on the empty promises. I suspect also this was via email.

As the old saying goes, there’s no lipstick you can put on this pig.

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:37 pm
VIP Member

PM notifications or not, the guy has had someone else's watch for years. At best, this is negligent and disrespectful.

47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208

Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:56 pm
VIP Member

riesco wrote:
PM notifications or not, the guy has had someone else's watch for years. At best, this is negligent and disrespectful.

The least one could say.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:21 pm
Watch Idiot Savant

I communicated with Jay via PM over 2015-2017. Until end 2017 was my dateline to end this nonsense of him.

For me its just $300 no big deal on my part if i dont get it back. But i contacted the moderator to highlight just in case others are also affected.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:53 pm
Sponsor

Yoda wrote:
riesco wrote:

The least one could say.

I meant OP trying to get a hold of HF member 'kanaks' to see if he had the watch. Not contact with buhr

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next