It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Neckyzips update. 
Moderator & Village Idiot

Post Neckyzips update.
Since I've been throttling back up to being more active on the forum, I've been spending a little more time reestablishing my contacts with active members and sponsors/suppliers.

I've also received a bit of inquiries about the status of Neckyzips as he has been less active on the forum. Here is an update....

He has been spending more than half his time lately looking after his parents... to quote him, they are struggling with "Mostly old age and general health issues, heart lungs, one with pancreatic cancer, neither can do for the other" so he and his uncle are taking turns with providing care.

I know some of you have projects with him and some are very patient but not all are up to date with his situation. He indicated to me that when he's home, he spends his time mostly trying to get caught up with his back logs and doing the plexi bezels. I'm adding my thoughts in here when I say that it's hard to get good traction and productivity in a situation like this.

My thoughts are with Necky as he sorts his way through this situation. I basically took a year off from my watch hobby when I had to deal with a similar situation. For him, it's his livelihood, so he can't take a break like I did.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:53 am
VIP Member

Post Re: Neckyzips update.
Tanukjaju wrote:
Since I've been throttling back up to being more active on the forum, I've been spending a little more time reestablishing my contacts with active members and sponsors/suppliers.

I've also received a bit of inquiries about the status of Neckyzips as he has been less active on the forum. Here is an update....

He has been spending more than half his time lately looking after his parents... to quote him, they are struggling with "Mostly old age and general health issues, heart lungs, one with pancreatic cancer, neither can do for the other" so he and his uncle are taking turns with providing care.

I know some of you have projects with him and some are very patient but not all are up to date with his situation. He indicated to me that when he's home, he spends his time mostly trying to get caught up with his back logs and doing the plexi bezels. I'm adding my thoughts in here when I say that it's hard to get good traction and productivity in a situation like this.

My thoughts are with Necky as he sorts his way through this situation. I basically took a year off from my watch hobby when I had to deal with a similar situation. For him, it's his livelihood, so he can't take a break like I did.

Thank you for the update T. NZ is for sure a stand up guy and is doing what comes naturally. Prayers to them for sure.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:10 am
Watch Wizard

Thanks for the update and the information. I can wait and hope it comes time, the situation changes!

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 am

Tanukjaju wrote:

Most of my time on this forum I have been a lurker, reading and gaining knowledge. Although I have been posting a little recently, I am far more active on another forum. I am a member on all the rep forums and over the years Neckyzips name has come up so many times I almost feel like I know him, although I don't at all. I have no recollection of anyone ever being less than pleased with his work and professionalism, so I count him one of the good guys.

It is hard for all of us when our parents start to fail. I guess we all take it for granted that they will always be there, so I just want to take a moment to express that my thoughts and best wishes are with Neckyzips at this difficult time.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:55 am
Watch Fanatic

Necky is one of the gooduns
my thoughts are with him and his family

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:03 am
VIP Member

That is terrible news.
It speaks volumes about him that he stops what he's doing to take care of his family.

Best wishes, man

-J

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:13 am
Watch Fanatic

My prayers are with you and your family, Joe.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 am
Profile YIM
VIP Member

My thoughts go to Joe and the situation he is in, I hope that there will be a good and peaceful solution to this.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:22 am
VIP Member

Tanukjaju wrote:

:cry:

These things are very hard especially when you're being the main caregiver and live far away as many of us know.

Hoping for the best for him and his family.

Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am
VIP Member

Thanks for the update T.

I knew there was something serious going on - otherwise NZ wouldn't go MIA.

My thoughts are with your and your family J.

6152/1 LP
47mm Mini Egiziano GPF 2/56
PVD 3646 with Rivet dial
Vintage Explorer Ref: 1016

List of all my builds

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:13 am

thanks for update

we all have 'other lives' outside forum

necky is a real asset and has helped many members out here...

franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 1 (ENGRAVED DIAL)
franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 2 (TROPIC PLEXI)
franken ennebi bronzo (just done)

Upcoming builds
alu mille metri (rip)?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36290&p=482845&hilit=franken+bronzo#p482845
______
DIY made easier- everything you wanted to know •
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4359&p=39253#p39253
[url=http://s605.photobucket.com/user/mellorsr/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI_zpspd68kak5.gif.html][img]

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Sad to hear, know that I'm waiting for a caseback via RoloJack that should've gotten a Necky-massage. Life is about priorities, so in my case, if I so have to wait a year, it's worth it considering the reason. Take care of those that once took care of you.

Kind regards from snowy Sweden,

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:24 am
Sponsor

NZ is a stand up guy and family comes before hobbies. Thoughts with ya Joe.

Those with orders, just know he will deliver and you'll be happy with his work.

Twitter - @BlueRadishStrap
Instagram - @blueradishstraps
Facebook - @blueradishstraps

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:11 am
Profile WWW
Watch Fanatic

Guys, somethings in life you only get one chance to do it right. And family is one of those things.

Necky,
Peace and strength to you and your family.
God bless

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:26 am
VIP Member

hologramet wrote:
Sad to hear, know that I'm waiting for a caseback via RoloJack that should've gotten a Necky-massage. Life is about priorities, so in my case, if I so have to wait a year, it's worth it considering the reason. Take care of those that once took care of you.

Kind regards from snowy Sweden,

blueradish wrote:
NZ is a stand up guy and family comes before hobbies. Thoughts with ya Joe.

Those with orders, just know he will deliver and you'll be happy with his work.

homagefan wrote:
Guys, somethings in life you only get one chance to do it right. And family is one of those things.

Necky,
Peace and strength to you and your family.
God bless

These.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:55 am

Joe is a great guy. He may take his time, but he always delivers.

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:16 am
The Enlightened One

Been there, hate it for him...

"Movements are like busses, if you miss one just wait a little while, another one will be along shortly."
~ Mellons

"Remember that if it's smaller then the diameter of a condom...it's good."
~ Tanukjaju

"Perfection is a term that was not invented by artists, than people who make money on them!"
~ BETMEN

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Elite Member

My thoughts and prayers are with NZ and his family, keep up the good work (for your parents). Going through something similar myself, so I know what a rollercoaster ride it must be, all my best to you.

Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 pm
Watch Geek

Thanks for the update, I hope his situation improves soon :thumbup:

Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:18 am
Sponsor

hey guys, so so sorry for the recent long delays, Luke, thanks for posting this. ive been trying to juggle some crazy responsibilities for the past year or so. its just how life goes i suppose, its gotten to the point where i can no longer keep up, something had to give.
so after a unplanned trip back 7 hours to my parents, to take up the slack for a shit care giver... were now with a service, cost out the butt! but ill be able to get back to work. im so terribly sorry for holding up your builds, and taking unusually long to finish projects (not that im speedy by any means) i had no intentions of letting it get this out of hand.

ill be back full time for the foreseeable future, and am eager to finish up my back log! some updates, the bezels are finally coming to fruition!
those buggers have been a nightmare!!!!

sorry to all those who have felt neglected, either with projects, or unanswered emails, i will get with you asap.

thanks to all for the kind thoughts and support it means a ton, you guys have been so great throughout the years!

joe

Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next