It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 11197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551 ... 560  Next
Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds 
Author Message
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 222
Location: Hamburg
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds


:wtf:


Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 863
Country: Korea, Democratic People's Republic of (kp)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Iwc-big-pilot-ca ... SwOyJX4xus

_________________
-----------------------------------------------------
sent with my Ericsson T28
-----------------------------------------------------


Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am
Posts: 2532
Location: Illadelph
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Albatross wrote:
Would this sucker be good for a build?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Angelus-Vintage ... SwtfhYpzeY

its only 36 mm in diameter

I would love to use that movement and dial in a wrist case if it doesn't go for too much. What do you guys think?


Anyone know anything about this movement?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image
https://www.instagram.com/__albatross__/


Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:24 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 14111
Location: Deep in the heart of...
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Project list:
Panerai 3646 Type H w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 2533 w/ Rolex 666
Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240


Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:46 pm
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am
Posts: 2532
Location: Illadelph
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm going try to get it if doesn't get ridiculous.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image
https://www.instagram.com/__albatross__/


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:09 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ahem. That's chronoGRAPH. Not chronoMETER... :mrgreen:


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:12 pm
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am
Posts: 2532
Location: Illadelph
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
unreformed66 wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ahem. That's chronoGRAPH. Not chronoMETER... :mrgreen:


It's coming your way if I get it Dave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image
https://www.instagram.com/__albatross__/


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Albatross wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ahem. That's chronoGRAPH. Not chronoMETER... :mrgreen:


It's coming your way if I get it Dave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, and I bet you'd want it back too...;)


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am
Posts: 2532
Location: Illadelph
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
unreformed66 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ahem. That's chronoGRAPH. Not chronoMETER... :mrgreen:


It's coming your way if I get it Dave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, and I bet you'd want it back too...;)


Eventually


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image
https://www.instagram.com/__albatross__/


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:36 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Albatross wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
It's an Angelus 215 dual subdial chronometer. Similar movement used in the Panerai Mare Nostrum:

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ahem. That's chronoGRAPH. Not chronoMETER... :mrgreen:


It's coming your way if I get it Dave.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, and I bet you'd want it back too...;)


Eventually


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lolno:


Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 14111
Location: Deep in the heart of...
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Oops yes chronograph!


https://www.ebay.com/itm/232235826265

Saw this one that went for NOTHING!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Project list:
Panerai 3646 Type H w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 2533 w/ Rolex 666
Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240


Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
civic4982 wrote:
Oops yes chronograph!


https://www.ebay.com/itm/232235826265

Saw this one that went for NOTHING!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yeah, I saw that. What's worse is that I had it bookmarked and forgot to bid. :oops: Oh well, watches are like women. Just wait a little bit and another one will come along...


Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:36 pm
Profile
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:33 am
Posts: 2532
Location: Illadelph
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
I saw a similar piece at a show today. The guy wanted $250 and I walked away. Don't know why but really liked it, so just got this on flea bay for $140 with shipping.

Not sure if I over paid or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222420398981


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Image
https://www.instagram.com/__albatross__/


Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Albatross wrote:
I saw a similar piece at a show today. The guy wanted $250 and I walked away. Don't know why but really liked it, so just got this on flea bay for $140 with shipping.

Not sure if I over paid or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222420398981


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sicuras have been taking off recently although I can't quite figure out why. They're steel backs with chromed base metal cases and have pinlever movements. I've seen people claiming that Sicura ws Breiting's cheap line but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Hey, if you like it get it. It's only money and we only go around once.


Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
unreformed66 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
I saw a similar piece at a show today. The guy wanted $250 and I walked away. Don't know why but really liked it, so just got this on flea bay for $140 with shipping.

Not sure if I over paid or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222420398981


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sicuras have been taking off recently although I can't quite figure out why. They're steel backs with chromed base metal cases and have pinlever movements. I've seen people claiming that Sicura ws Breiting's cheap line but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Hey, if you like it get it. It's only money and we only go around once.

I too was under the impression that Sicura watches were Breitling's cheaper line. Some of their diving watches look nice, but I would not go crazy on the price.

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:00 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Wait, I just saw the eBay link. $120 seems fair. Hard to find many watches for that much.

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 1246
Country: Serbia (rs)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Nice Deco 8 days small wristwatch http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-8-DAY-MEN ... SwCU1Yq0Lu


Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:37 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 am
Posts: 4609
Location: Norway
Country: Norway (no)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
--------------

Pretty cool dial if you want to make something unusual :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272560841996?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT


Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 6:59 pm
Posts: 768
Location: Southern California
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
riesco wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
I saw a similar piece at a show today. The guy wanted $250 and I walked away. Don't know why but really liked it, so just got this on flea bay for $140 with shipping.

Not sure if I over paid or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222420398981


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sicuras have been taking off recently although I can't quite figure out why. They're steel backs with chromed base metal cases and have pinlever movements. I've seen people claiming that Sicura ws Breiting's cheap line but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Hey, if you like it get it. It's only money and we only go around once.

I too was under the impression that Sicura watches were Breitling's cheaper line. Some of their diving watches look nice, but I would not go crazy on the price.


Not quite:
"As a consequence of the quartz crisis the watch company Breitling suspended operations in 1978, laidoff all workers and sold their assets to the highest bidders - Sinn bought completed / partially completed watches and Ollech & Wajs bought the machinery and unassembled parts. And in April 1979 Ernest Schneider from Sicura signed an agreement with Willy Breitling to buy the right to the names "Breitling" and "Navitimer".

I think Ernest Schneider with Sicura had been better than most to navigate through the turbulent times and the quartz crisis in the 70s. He was a master in adapting and deliver what the consumers wanted - inexpensive fashion watches - check, affordable watches with digital displays - check, large colorful divers with lots of functions - check, quartz watches - check. When he saw the opportunity to buy one of the old, well esteemed watch brands this was an opportunity not to be missed.

Ernest Schneider introduced new models and breathed new life into Breitling with succes and during a few years the brand Sicura was phased out and Sicura became Breitling. At 29 Nov 1993 Montres Sicura AG officially changed its name to Breitling AG. Ernest Schneider continued as President for Breitling until his death in 2015 at the remarkable age of 94. Ernest' son Theodore Schneider today is the owner and undisputed leader of Breitling." - http://largevintagewatches.blogspot.com ... brand.html

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:02 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:08 pm
Posts: 1132
Location: Ohio
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Abarth wrote:
riesco wrote:
unreformed66 wrote:
Albatross wrote:
I saw a similar piece at a show today. The guy wanted $250 and I walked away. Don't know why but really liked it, so just got this on flea bay for $140 with shipping.

Not sure if I over paid or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222420398981


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sicuras have been taking off recently although I can't quite figure out why. They're steel backs with chromed base metal cases and have pinlever movements. I've seen people claiming that Sicura ws Breiting's cheap line but I don't know if there's any truth to that. Hey, if you like it get it. It's only money and we only go around once.

I too was under the impression that Sicura watches were Breitling's cheaper line. Some of their diving watches look nice, but I would not go crazy on the price.


Not quite:
"As a consequence of the quartz crisis the watch company Breitling suspended operations in 1978, laidoff all workers and sold their assets to the highest bidders - Sinn bought completed / partially completed watches and Ollech & Wajs bought the machinery and unassembled parts. And in April 1979 Ernest Schneider from Sicura signed an agreement with Willy Breitling to buy the right to the names "Breitling" and "Navitimer".

I think Ernest Schneider with Sicura had been better than most to navigate through the turbulent times and the quartz crisis in the 70s. He was a master in adapting and deliver what the consumers wanted - inexpensive fashion watches - check, affordable watches with digital displays - check, large colorful divers with lots of functions - check, quartz watches - check. When he saw the opportunity to buy one of the old, well esteemed watch brands this was an opportunity not to be missed.

Ernest Schneider introduced new models and breathed new life into Breitling with succes and during a few years the brand Sicura was phased out and Sicura became Breitling. At 29 Nov 1993 Montres Sicura AG officially changed its name to Breitling AG. Ernest Schneider continued as President for Breitling until his death in 2015 at the remarkable age of 94. Ernest' son Theodore Schneider today is the owner and undisputed leader of Breitling." - http://largevintagewatches.blogspot.com ... brand.html


Well that explains that then! Thanks for posting that info.


Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551 ... 560  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 62 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group • Designed by STSoftware for PTF • Advertisements by Advertisement Management