It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 11003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547 ... 551  Next
Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds 
Author Message
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
emilio666 wrote:
I'm glad that his face structure is round. I don't trust square shaped people.

:lol:
And don't forget that this dial does not need a battery. It stands there showing the numbers all by itself. What a deal!

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Here is an interesting piece. It takes me back to the early homage days...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RXW-Sub-Pro-Watch-Bakelite-Bezel-NEW-OLD-STOCK-James-Bond-Sub-homage-COMEX/302544138770?hash=item4671093212:g:OEwAAOSwvApaGxm7

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 1432
Country: Italy (it)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds


Err... PROLEX????

_________________
Builds:
DSN/Rolli/FGD 036 B
Rolli/FGD 5218-205/A
SD 5218-203/A
SD 5218-202/A
Rolli/FGD 5218-201/A
Oyster Cali 6152-1 No CG
River 6154 MMGG
3646 RP dot dial
River welded lugs
River 6154
River 6154 cream dial
3646 Brownie


Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1138
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
I put one of my straps on auction on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253280672784?s ... 1558.l2649

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 1858
Country: San Marino (sm)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Rolex-618-Movement/182949876540?hash=item2a98a9933c:g:EcIAAOSwRbtaJ-oB


Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:37 am
Profile
Elite Member

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:07 pm
Posts: 153
Country: Serbia (rs)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds

Sanded down and freshly engraved Molnija 3602 :)

_________________
FB: @TimepiecesBoutique https://www.facebook.com/TimepiecesBoutique/
Instagram: giollemag https://www.instagram.com/giollemag/


Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:46 am
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:46 pm
Posts: 870
Country: Korea, Democratic People's Republic of (kp)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
oh dear...

_________________
-----------------------------------------------------
sent with my Ericsson T28
-----------------------------------------------------


Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 am
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:59 am
Posts: 1858
Country: San Marino (sm)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds


I'd thought sonething was off,but didn't know exactly what...


Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:28 am
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm
Posts: 890
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds


Would you mind giving us some tuition wrt. the tell tale signs? :wave:


Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:44 am
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1138
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
hako wrote:


Would you mind giving us some tuition wrt. the tell tale signs? :wave:


Here are my guesses: ratchet wheel, regulator, pallet bridge, three holes next to escapement bridge. And the wear on the different parts is all over the place.

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:15 am
Profile WWW
New Member

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 42
Country: France (fr)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
I have some doubts, it's a cortebert because there is the logo under the balance, so for the molnija 3602 you are wrong...
It maybe a "chileantiques movement" but worst case if it's a chileant we are way lower than it's so worth it...
Because a chileant movement worth 2500$.
I was looking for chileant movement since a long time but never pop up on the forum so I think I'll bid on it.


Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
SkyRaph wrote:
I have some doubts, it's a cortebert because there is the logo under the balance, so for the molnija 3602 you are wrong...
It maybe a "chileantiques movement" but worst case if it's a chileant we are way lower than it's so worth it...
Because a chileant movement worth 2500$.
I was looking for chileant movement since a long time but never pop up on the forum so I think I'll bid on it.

$2500 for a Chileantique movement? I bought the real thing for $1500+/-. If it looks fishy, I would stay away from it.

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 pm
Profile
New Member

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:13 pm
Posts: 42
Country: France (fr)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
$2500 is when Chileant sold his movement on eBay, nobody shouted to fake...
I confused.
After, on the forum it's maybe 1500 but with 6 months waiting...
So to know how much you are willing to pay for the wait and the chance to have a real if ever it's a real one.
Because doubt still persists...


Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 pm
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1138
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
SkyRaph wrote:
$2500 is when Chileant sold his movement on eBay, nobody shouted to fake...
I confused.
After, on the forum it's maybe 1500 but with 6 months waiting...
So to know how much you are willing to pay for the wait and the chance to have a real if ever it's a real one.
Because doubt still persists...


The point is not that it is a fake Chileant movement. It is however, a fake Rolex, that is being sold as the real deal, and that is a problem! If you want to pay $2500 for a Chileant 618 then good for you :) As long as you know what you are paying for.

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:41 pm
Profile WWW
Elite Member

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:07 pm
Posts: 153
Country: Serbia (rs)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
straps68 wrote:
SkyRaph wrote:
$2500 is when Chileant sold his movement on eBay, nobody shouted to fake...
I confused.
After, on the forum it's maybe 1500 but with 6 months waiting...
So to know how much you are willing to pay for the wait and the chance to have a real if ever it's a real one.
Because doubt still persists...


The point is not that it is a fake Chileant movement. It is however, a fake Rolex, that is being sold as the real deal, and that is a problem! If you want to pay $2500 for a Chileant 618 then good for you :) As long as you know what you are paying for.


+1 agree 100%

_________________
FB: @TimepiecesBoutique https://www.facebook.com/TimepiecesBoutique/
Instagram: giollemag https://www.instagram.com/giollemag/


Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm
Posts: 890
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Strange brew,... ;)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wartime-Gamma-Marina-Militare-Real-Italian-Replik-Limiterte-Auflage-500/162812390031?hash=item25e85fea8f:g:mLoAAOSw~vpaOddJ


Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1138
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds


The third photo description explains it all: this is based on the model that Italian spies wore... :lol:

Funny thing is, if you look at the suggestions eBay puts on the page you might see the awesome SKMEI "pre-v" "luminor" with the really ridiculously small hands. And here I though that the gen hands were too short...

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
I find this one comical.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/THIN-RUBBER-BAND-FOR-MONEY-OR-OTHER-10-pieces-Green-colour/222721804661?hash=item33db410975:g:~eYAAOSwPh5ZOACk

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:39 am
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 1432
Country: Italy (it)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
Pretty useful :lol:

Image

_________________
Builds:
DSN/Rolli/FGD 036 B
Rolli/FGD 5218-205/A
SD 5218-203/A
SD 5218-202/A
Rolli/FGD 5218-201/A
Oyster Cali 6152-1 No CG
River 6154 MMGG
3646 RP dot dial
River welded lugs
River 6154
River 6154 cream dial
3646 Brownie


Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:43 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic

Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:17 am
Posts: 1262
Country: Australia (au)
Post Re: Interesting eBay auctions and sales thread finds
djolemag wrote:
straps68 wrote:
SkyRaph wrote:
$2500 is when Chileant sold his movement on eBay, nobody shouted to fake...
I confused.
After, on the forum it's maybe 1500 but with 6 months waiting...
So to know how much you are willing to pay for the wait and the chance to have a real if ever it's a real one.
Because doubt still persists...


The point is not that it is a fake Chileant movement. It is however, a fake Rolex, that is being sold as the real deal, and that is a problem! If you want to pay $2500 for a Chileant 618 then good for you :) As long as you know what you are paying for.


+1 agree 100%


straps68 wrote:
hako wrote:


Would you mind giving us some tuition wrt. the tell tale signs? :wave:


Here are my guesses: ratchet wheel, regulator, pallet bridge, three holes next to escapement bridge. And the wear on the different parts is all over the place.


This movement is definitely suspect and I feel sorry for whoever bought it.

The main plate of this movement is post 1956 and based off a Cortebert type 4 or 5. You tell from the pallet fork bridge. It is different from the earlier movements.

Interestingly this type of bridge is also seen on the 618 of the Pam 21

Rolex 618 Type 2 was produced in 1953 based off a Cortebert type 3

Another inaccuracy is the ratchet wheel, type 2's had a dished ratchet wheel. This wheel is also looks to be from Molina 6301 you can see it is slightly thinner than the crown wheel.

Finally you can tell all the bridges came from different watches. Most likely this is a Cortebert type 4 with a bridge

conversion

The bridges can be bought from NW for 700 and the movement for around 400 max for a really nice type 3 Cortebert
total 1100
Less than half what this went for!


Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11003 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 541, 542, 543, 544, 545, 546, 547 ... 551  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 69 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group • Designed by STSoftware for PTF • Advertisements by Advertisement Management