It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:40 am



Reply to topic  [ 3332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 167  Next
Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics 
Author Message
Online
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 2822
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
mellons wrote:
lee this looks superb!


Mel, all thanks to you!!!

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:47 am
Profile
Online
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:22 pm
Posts: 7293
Location: South Wales
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
dandsoo wrote:
Image


THAT is pure class :clap: :clap: :clap: details please.

_________________
Image
3646 Brown dial http://bit.ly/1jxinrn
6154 MMLP http://bit.ly/1kAl5Ij
6154 brown dial - http://bit.ly/1np9vsV
6152/1 LP http://bit.ly/1QnUMJV
Sub 6356 http://bit.ly/1RUWILs
Explorer White 1016 vintage -http://bit.ly/1OI5uX9
Bronze 3646 http://bit.ly/1FS3ucM
Esdee 3646 Type D - http://bit.ly/1Ds9Vlo
My strap making thread-http://bit.ly/XLzDdM
My dial making thread http://bit.ly/1jxiqDz


Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:46 am
Profile WWW
Watch Geek

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 am
Posts: 323
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
getting serious now.

Picked this up on saturday. 1950's Panthograph for doing engravings - the same brand was used by GPF in their workshop.

Image


Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:03 am
Profile
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 173
Location: Bucharest
Country: Romania (ro)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
irate03 wrote:
dandsoo wrote:
Image


THAT is pure class :clap: :clap: :clap: details please.

Thanks
-case from Ephry from an old rep version of Daytona without bezel
-custom bezel made by Neckyzips
-dial and hands from an rep dealer from Spain
-7750 asian from an Daytona rep
-rivet bracelet from ebay
-703 rep crown and tube
-Yuki T20 cristal

Image

Image

With these parts I've managed to keep it under 350usd and make myself a nice 6238 Daytona Chrono.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:11 pm
Profile
Online
Elite Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 229
Location: UK
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
This just arrived in the post for me, it says chewing gum on the tin...

Image

... but inside

Image

Thank you Antti :D


"I have nothing to declare except my genius!"


Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:28 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:26 pm
Posts: 65
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
TitusDH wrote:
getting serious now.

Picked this up on saturday. 1950's Panthograph for doing engravings - the same brand was used by GPF in their workshop.

Image


Nice, I've been looking here in the UK for a small pantograph..let us know if you get it up and running for some engraving work, did you get some fonts/letter templates with it?


Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:33 pm
Profile
Watch Geek

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 am
Posts: 323
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Nah, I could have had some fancy jewellers type fonts, but do not need those. As they are expensive none the less, I did not want them.

BTW, the machine is not exactly small ..... but at least a bench top model. It requires still some serious attention before scratching metal again some day.

Wil


Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:37 am
Profile
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:26 pm
Posts: 65
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
TitusDH wrote:
Nah, I could have had some fancy jewellers type fonts, but do not need those. As they are expensive none the less, I did not want them.

BTW, the machine is not exactly small ..... but at least a bench top model. It requires still some serious attention before scratching metal again some day.

Wil



I nearly bought a 'small' 1940/1950's Gravograph panto a few months back, then I realised it would take up most of the (standard ridiculously small UK sized) garage space and gave up..plus it weighed nearly half a ton (500kg) and was no way going in the back of my car...it sold (it was mint with hundreds of fonts/ templates) for less than £200...its why I got into watches as I can't afford the space (read bigger house with large garage) for classic cars or bike restoration :cry: !


Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:19 pm
Profile
Online
Elite Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 229
Location: UK
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
I just got this beauty in the post yesterday from a trade with Albatross. I love it! Swiss movement too!

Image

Can someone verify the dial size for me please. Some threads I've researched say this River WL takes a 37mm, others say 39mm and then there's the 38.5mm that fits. Which is it?


"I have nothing to declare except my genius!"


Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:31 am
Profile
Watch Wizard

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 523
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Mr Savi wrote:
I just got this beauty in the post yesterday from a trade with Albatross. I love it! Swiss movement too!

Image

Can someone verify the dial size for me please. Some threads I've researched say this River WL takes a 37mm, others say 39mm and then there's the 38.5mm that fits. Which is it?


"I have nothing to declare except my genius!"


37mm will fit nicely inside the ring. Larger than that needs to sit on top of the ring.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:39 am
Profile
Watch Wizard

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 523
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Anyone expecting this nice piece in mail?
I was too late :(

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:43 am
Profile
Online
Elite Member

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 229
Location: UK
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
sevanata wrote:
37mm will fit nicely inside the ring. Larger than that needs to sit on top of the ring.


Thanks buddy


"I have nothing to declare except my genius!"


Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:42 am
Profile
Watch Geek

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:30 am
Posts: 323
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
PhantomIV wrote:
TitusDH wrote:
Nah, I could have had some fancy jewellers type fonts, but do not need those. As they are expensive none the less, I did not want them.

BTW, the machine is not exactly small ..... but at least a bench top model. It requires still some serious attention before scratching metal again some day.

Wil



I nearly bought a 'small' 1940/1950's Gravograph panto a few months back, then I realised it would take up most of the (standard ridiculously small UK sized) garage space and gave up..plus it weighed nearly half a ton (500kg) and was no way going in the back of my car...it sold (it was mint with hundreds of fonts/ templates) for less than £200...its why I got into watches as I can't afford the space (read bigger house with large garage) for classic cars or bike restoration :cry: !


O dear,

having to let such a nice machine go although it was nearly for free is a big shame. My one will be close to GBP 200 easily when it is working again. But I know exactly what you feel like. I went into watches 20 years ago, when I left my parents house and had no space anymore for cars, motorbikes and the like. Now I have a garage again ... but also already 3 cars ... :mrgreen: So this one goes into the basement next to the lathe and the drill press. Then I'm done ... with space, not the tools I would like to have!


Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:04 am
Profile
Watch Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 pm
Posts: 634
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Image


Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:29 am
Profile
Online
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 2822
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
had to get myself a Christmas present and Santa made my wish come true :lol: :lol: :lol:

for info, what's so special about this 240 movement? it's an all original non alarm, stem wound 240 movement. no conversion required, no removal of alarm components required. main plate is complete, does not have cut outs. not many of these come up for sale often.

Image
Image

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Last edited by leeyewfei on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile
Moderator & Village Idiot
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 am
Posts: 16213
Location: Where the stars at night are big and bright
Country: Virgin Islands (US) (vi)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
leeyewfei wrote:
had to get myself a Christmas present and Santa made my wish come true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image



What in the what!!


Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:14 pm
Profile
Online
Watch Idiot Savant
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 2822
Country: Singapore (sg)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Tanukjaju wrote:
What in the what!!


couldn't resist and never had your luck in finding one of this movement.

_________________
Lee, Singapore
Avid watch collector - I'm always buying time!
ANGELUS Hoarder!!!!!!! Hahahaha


Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:20 pm
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 3768
Location: Berkeley, CA
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
sevanata wrote:
Anyone expecting this nice piece in mail?
I was too late :(

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a nice one. How much did it go for?

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:36 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 5690
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
leeyewfei wrote:
had to get myself a Christmas present and Santa made my wish come true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

Wow lucky!

Someday my precious, someday....

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev


Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:50 am
Profile
Elite Member

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:47 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: Incoming. What's in the mail? Post pics
Image

It's no longer in the mail....

Follow here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40122

_________________
My Instagram Shots


AWWW YEAH, Making watches!!!!!...
Image
I SPENT HOW MUCH!?!?!??


Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165 ... 167  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, irate03 and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group • Designed by STSoftware for PTF • Advertisements by Advertisement Management