Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
G. Panerai & Figlio's original lathe 
VIP Member

Post Re: G. Panerai & Figlio's original lathe
Wow.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:50 pm
VIP Member

Post G. Panerai & Figlio's original lathe
Simply stunning. Really amazed by how you manage to source these unique items! Must be starting to look like the Florence archive at your place now... ;)

Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 pm
Sponsor

Post G. Panerai & Figlio's original lathe
Mark!

This piece of lathe is unique piece for sure!!!

I remember when you told me about it a month back when we talked.

As for the collets, you can find them in RGD TOOLS. It is an eBay uk shop. They have a telephone number so you can call them.

If you want to find a vintage set, keep looking in eBay or maybe in local tool auctions. Be careful to find a complete set. Usually the small numbers come in increments of 0.2 and the large in 0.5. I have from 0.5 to 6.0

All collets of these are 8mm bore

As for the chalk you can buy either a 3 jaws or a 4 jaws. This must be a good one made and not a cheap Chinese one. I had bought a Chinese one and it is not centered. So prepare to invest money on this part,if you want a really good and correct one.

We will talk maybe next week, for more details (as I am on last days of vacations :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:23 pm
VIP Member

ogladio wrote:
Simply stunning. Really amazed by how you manage to source these unique items! Must be starting to look like the Florence archive at your place now... ;)

That's a cool looking room right there :thumbup:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:29 am
VIP Member

Elias Livadaris wrote:
Mark!

This piece of lathe is unique piece for sure!!!

I remember when you told me about it a month back when we talked.

As for the collets, you can find them in RGD TOOLS. It is an eBay uk shop. They have a telephone number so you can call them.

If you want to find a vintage set, keep looking in eBay or maybe in local tool auctions. Be careful to find a complete set. Usually the small numbers come in increments of 0.2 and the large in 0.5. I have from 0.5 to 6.0

All collets of these are 8mm bore

As for the chalk you can buy either a 3 jaws or a 4 jaws. This must be a good one made and not a cheap Chinese one. I had bought a Chinese one and it is not centered. So prepare to invest money on this part,if you want a really good and correct one.

We will talk maybe next week, for more details (as I am on last days of vacations :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Elias ,, seems a lot of stuff about ,, my wallet needs to recover though ;)

Also need a little motor then figure how best to mount the lathe etc ,, it's a thing of beauty though.
I'm currently working on a couple of gen watches and I love the (Disney) idea of the lathe saying,,, "hey I remember you,,,"

Hope you're having a great vacation

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:33 am
VIP Member

tempted to put this up for sale to fund a watch purchase ,, if anyones interested pm me

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2