It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
My workshop project of this summer&autumn (and winter) 
Elite Member

Post My workshop project of this summer&autumn (and winter)
Hi folks,

finally finished (almost) my workshop space.

Here are some pics by stages, didn't went too much into details, btu you can get a picture...

Story:

I've been doing my hobby for several years at limited space, few square meters, including my watchmaker's bench, tools, supplies, parts etc.. Since I'm living a a house which is big enough, I have various handy machines and tools in my basement. Also, I have some room which was not in use last 10 years or even more. Reason was that it had some problems with water ingress from flat roof plane etc. This year, I decided to fix that.
Finished roof at first, then took some drying machines to evaporate and pickup humidity form that rooms.
After that, I decided that I finally deserve a space for my passion. So, the decision was: make your own watchmaker's "atelier".

My assumptions and estimation was very optimistic : not more than 2 months of work. But, it was in August this year, huh...

As I did a lot of things in my life, I can say I'm pretty skilled with many sorts of craftsmanship, masonry, plumbing, electricity, plastering, woodworking, machining etc..
So, I decided to take it on my own and finish 99 % of job by myself (except painting of the walls, I hate to do that job).

So, the whole space is L-shaped, about 40 m2, divide in two rooms, one is about 24 m2 and the other is about 17 m2. I finished the first one, while the other is waiting for next summer, some ideas, and some funds...

I must notice it was in really catastrophic condition, but now it looks much better, it is clean and dry.

I finished almost everything regarding "dirty job"... Now, I still has to mount intruder alarm security and some video surveillance.
After that I will move everything there.
Stages were like this:
1. Removing old layers from the walls, drying, drying, drying...
2. Hydro insulation at first
3. Thermal insulation
4. Electrical and other installation, like heating, ventilation, alarm, network...
5. Plastering job. Mounting profiles, plaster plates etc..
6. Wall joints and painting. I payed for that job. It was the only labor I payed, also... Everything else, I payed to myself....
7. Shoji door - had to make some space fro the entrance, but also had a need for light. So I decided to make Japanese style, sliding Shoji doors with glass. That will keep room temperature and prevent dust entry too.
8. Ceiling - very convenient, 60x60 cm square mineral plates.
9. Lightning - put LED light panels.
10. Floors - I don't know exact name, here we call it "Laminate flooring". It was marble floor at ground, but it needs brushing and cleaning.. And it will remain cold... This is simplest way to get some warm..
11. Furniture : I decide to make everything from scratch. Three tables: One is for watchmaking (green one), one is for my pc and electronic equipment (green too), white table is for machining, like mini lathe, mill etc.. Also made one closet with drawers, one closet built into the wall. Kitchen sink with separate shelf for watch cleaning machine is a must, of course. There is enough space for my old watchmaker's bench.

TO DO:
1. I still have to make legs for two tables, in order to raise them a little bit higher.
2. Cleaning cleaning cleaning...
3. AS mentioned, security.. But that is easy job, just waiting for some stuff to arrive after holidays...

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Pics in chronological order.
Short video too.

Cheers!

video
[media]https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1cpM6YPkGl9zw2lsO4cr5dS8SO_mjLa-M[/media]

Hope you like it...

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:53 am

Post Re: My workshop project of this summer&autumn (and winter)
I think you need to use the preview button before posting. Majority of images are sideways and some upside down

DON

Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]