It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
We could use an opening to get new members... 
Author Message
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 14111
Location: Deep in the heart of...
Country: United States (us)
Post We could use an opening to get new members...
Hi HFers

Not sure if we are still on accepting new folks but I know at some point we were all hoping that we would be able to get new members to possibly breathe some new life into this place once the e-mail system got reactivated.

I looked and our last new member was April 2nd, 2017.

That sure is a long time.

Has anyone heard of any progress on this front?

_________________
Project list:
Panerai 3646 Type H w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 2533 w/ Rolex 666
Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240


Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:43 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 1432
Country: Italy (it)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
I totally agree with you. As sad as it makes me feel, this place has no future if we don't let new members in.
There is so much to learn here, way more than in any other place (and I frequent them all). It would be a real shame to loose this knowledge.
Unfortunately I know zero about coding and such but you can count on me for any kind of help I'm capable of.

_________________
Builds:
DSN/Rolli/FGD 036 B
Rolli/FGD 5218-205/A
SD 5218-203/A
SD 5218-202/A
Rolli/FGD 5218-201/A
Oyster Cali 6152-1 No CG
River 6154 MMGG
3646 RP dot dial
River welded lugs
River 6154
River 6154 cream dial
3646 Brownie


Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:32 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6513
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
We get new account requests on a weekly basis but the system is not activated.

We need to get in contact with Hixxy and see if there's anything we can do to revert this.

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:34 am
Posts: 4306
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
Any chance of getting Hixxy back on board? It would be nice to have the old HF back.

_________________
Projects:
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, Elinvar Rolex, blued hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=466374#p466374
3646 with Genuine NOS dial, 616/618 conversion, gold hands http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=37690
47mm Egiziano http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38208


Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:10 am
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1119
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
Is something broken or was the email system disabled on purpose?

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6513
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
straps68 wrote:
Is something broken or was the email system disabled on purpose?
I can't really tell but in any case the one who can fix this is Hixxy.

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:51 am
Profile
Online
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 am
Posts: 1119
Country: Poland (pl)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
This is not the only forum I have joined that has problems with the email system and it is not just phpBB that has issues but other systems as well. But it would be nice to have some new users :)

_________________
My straps:
http://straps68.blogspot.com/

My buckles:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40391

My builds:

6152-1: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28084
2nd Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=27697
1st Mini fiddy: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30982

Image


Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:36 am
Posts: 1817
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
De acuerdo con todos ustedes


Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:04 am
Profile
Sponsor
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm
Posts: 1443
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
yes we do, its a selfish reason for me, though its nice to have such a tight community new life and progress wouldn't hurt a bit.

also need some raffles going too for some site support.


Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:44 am
Profile WWW
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm
Posts: 888
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
I grasp that the computer administration of the board is the issue.
Perhaps mods could point out what us users could do to support here.

New members would be great because they bring in new ideas, resources and skills from which we all could benefit.


Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:24 am
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:24 pm
Posts: 1161
Country: Canada (ca)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
Just a little bump to this thread in the hopes that some news of hope for new members is forthcoming


Follow me on Instagram @ciccio_started_it


Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:56 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6513
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
We are trying to reach Hixxy

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 4:35 am
Posts: 14111
Location: Deep in the heart of...
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
emilio666 wrote:
We are trying to reach Hixxy


I haven’t heard from him since around early or mid 2016. We were gonna get together when I was still working on Orange County on a day I had off but he had something come up so we cancelled. I worked in LA all of 2017 and called a few times to get together for lunch and left messages but never heard back.

Hope he’s doing alright .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
Project list:
Panerai 3646 Type H w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 2533 w/ Rolex 666
Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240


Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6513
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:
We are trying to reach Hixxy


I haven’t heard from him since around early or mid 2016. We were gonna get together when I was still working on Orange County on a day I had off but he had something come up so we cancelled. I worked in LA all of 2017 and called a few times to get together for lunch and left messages but never heard back.

Hope he’s doing alright .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what we are afraid of. Of him being in trouble or bad shape. Hope it's just everyday life.

We only have his email. Maybe you could share with Daevildog or other admin the contact info you have. Thanks.

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:50 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 5191
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
so, no one? really?

"We could use an opening to get new members?"

_________________
Built is better than bought…and than there is the speedmaster....and reverso


Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 am
Profile
VIP Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:15 pm
Posts: 5191
Country: Germany (de)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
bennykwa wrote:
so, no one? really?

"We could use an opening to get new members?"

Image

_________________
Built is better than bought…and than there is the speedmaster....and reverso


Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:57 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 12:30 pm
Posts: 6513
Country: Spain (es)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
What we do know is that we are not going to let this forum die. Whatever it takes.

_________________
Panerai reference pictures (update: Jun/3/2016)
https://mega.co.nz/#F!8R0FWaoS!IAasZXfb14Z7R1H6CLYp6w

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/


Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:47 am
Profile
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am
Posts: 147
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
I'm fairly new here ... but have been on RG since 2009 ... maybe we can do a raffle to attract new members?

There are quite a few members on here with amazing skills and shops ... guys that make our cases, dials, parts, movement repair, builds, etc. (on the US side it seems a bit rarer to find such skill guys) ... and I would like to see these guys busy with new projects .... I know this is a hobby, and most times hobbies are not about profit ... but it does help to put a few coins in the pockets of our genius WS

commission a build and raffle it off? ... and it doesn't have to be balls-to-the-wall expensive build ... or straps?

also, not sure how agreeable some of our sister websites are to posting there ... to encourage members interested in vintage builds to visit over here?


Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:42 pm
Profile
Watch Fanatic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:10 am
Posts: 1432
Country: Italy (it)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
btocamelo wrote:
I'm fairly new here ... but have been on RG since 2009 ... maybe we can do a raffle to attract new members?

There are quite a few members on here with amazing skills and shops ... guys that make our cases, dials, parts, movement repair, builds, etc. (on the US side it seems a bit rarer to find such skill guys) ... and I would like to see these guys busy with new projects .... I know this is a hobby, and most times hobbies are not about profit ... but it does help to put a few coins in the pockets of our genius WS

commission a build and raffle it off? ... and it doesn't have to be balls-to-the-wall expensive build ... or straps?

also, not sure how agreeable some of our sister websites are to posting there ... to encourage members interested in vintage builds to visit over here?


At the moment the issue is not that there are no new members wanting to register. It's they don't get the activation email so they can't complete the registration process.

_________________
Builds:
DSN/Rolli/FGD 036 B
Rolli/FGD 5218-205/A
SD 5218-203/A
SD 5218-202/A
Rolli/FGD 5218-201/A
Oyster Cali 6152-1 No CG
River 6154 MMGG
3646 RP dot dial
River welded lugs
River 6154
River 6154 cream dial
3646 Brownie


Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile
Elite Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am
Posts: 147
Country: United States (us)
Post Re: We could use an opening to get new members...
:D ah, Ok!

kilowattore wrote:
btocamelo wrote:
I'm fairly new here ... but have been on RG since 2009 ... maybe we can do a raffle to attract new members?

There are quite a few members on here with amazing skills and shops ... guys that make our cases, dials, parts, movement repair, builds, etc. (on the US side it seems a bit rarer to find such skill guys) ... and I would like to see these guys busy with new projects .... I know this is a hobby, and most times hobbies are not about profit ... but it does help to put a few coins in the pockets of our genius WS

commission a build and raffle it off? ... and it doesn't have to be balls-to-the-wall expensive build ... or straps?

also, not sure how agreeable some of our sister websites are to posting there ... to encourage members interested in vintage builds to visit over here?


At the moment the issue is not that there are no new members wanting to register. It's they don't get the activation email so they can't complete the registration process.


Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:37 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group • Designed by STSoftware for PTF • Advertisements by Advertisement Management