Does he have parts or watches from you?

Instagram
http://instagram.com/emisansev

IMGUR Albums
https://emisansev.imgur.com/

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 pm
Watch Wizard

Post Re: Post on the Paneristi fb group
Hm Mark, kinda disappeared. Tried to contact him via mail,phone,whatsapp and pm.

He doesnt reply or doesnt want to reply. Not cool at all.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:44 pm
VIP Member

emilio666 wrote:

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Panerai 6152 no CG 4-liner w/ SF240
Panerai 3646 Orange Indices Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Panerai 3646 Gen California Dial Esdee re-case w/ Rolex 618
Bronze mini 6152 no CG for my groomsmen!
Rolerai Bronze 6154 w/ ETA 6498
Panerai 6154 creme dial w/ ETA 6498
Rolex 6200 Silix Build
Panerai 6152/1 with CG w/ SF240

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:23 pm
Watch Wizard

civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:

+1

Yes he has parts for a kieferbuild from me and also a downpayment for the labourcosts.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:40 pm
Watch Geek

Fargo wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:

+1

Yes he has parts for a kieferbuild from me and also a downpayment for the labourcosts.

Not cool at all, if you're going to do a job for someone don't disappear or tkae their money like that.. disgraceful

Build Log

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:35 am
VIP Member

Fargo wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:

+1

Sorry to hear that.

I haven’t heard from Mark in several months now but if I do hear from him I’ll be happy to relay the message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Elite Member

civic4982 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:

+1

Sorry to hear that.

I haven’t heard from Mark in several months now but if I do hear from him I’ll be happy to relay the message.
In my experience he does come good in the end, it can just take a little longer than you’d hoped for. I think it’s a combination of a young family, day to day life and maybe taking on a little too much HF work.
I’ll drop him a line to see where he’s at.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 am
VIP Member

Natas78 wrote:
Fargo wrote:
civic4982 wrote:
emilio666 wrote:

+1

Not cool at all, if you're going to do a job for someone don't disappear or tkae their money like that.. disgraceful

That signature though. :? :roll:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:46 am
VIP Member

well, the way I see it is that Marc is one of the only members here working on an artisanal level and I have a lot of respect for his craft.

If he has collected money and parts from members and hasn't delivered on promises, than he does need to clarify this situation, but if stupid people on other forums want to shell out big cash for a franken build with questionable or completely non existent history, than that is up to them. Marc has gotten his builds up to the level that competes with a lot of these well known and questionable pieces on the Vintage Panerai market, which are mostly frankens anyway. Lies on the other hand are different, but I haven't really seen any yet from Marc, just vagueness, which should be a warning signal for any smart buyer. You can't really bash a man for being vague with some internet stranger.

Also, Marc didn't seem to be actively selling anything. Just posting his work. If he is selling to the vintage panerai market under false pretenses, well Karma is a bitch, but also buyer beware, due diligence, a fool and his money, etc; If we are talking about 60k watches, than do your research please. Btw, get in on Bitcoins now before it is too late.

This has unfortunately become a constant that has turned the watch world, especially vintage high end, into a snakes den. The market was generous for a long time, but now there is not a lot of room near the ceiling, so claws come out and everyone seems to be just trying to one up the next guy.

I am pretty sure everyone here has posted some build somewhere and a lot of you are not 100% honest about what you are wearing. It just so happens to be that a build by marc is very hard to tell from a gen even for "experts". Which I think is fuggin awesome! Fight the power! but do it honestly.

Anyhoo.....neither here or there, most people can learn a thing or two about quality builds from Marc.

Step your games up.

*a gen crown, "swiss" "gen" movement, or a "gen" "plexi" a franken make does not."

Quality costs money.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:28 am
Elite Member

Guys, I've heard from Mark, (23-02-18) and he's all ok.
That said, there has been a major upset in his day to day life which has temporarily put his watch work into a hiatus. Life is slowly getting back to some sort of normalcy and he's begining to address his backlog of work.
I hope that settles the mind of a lot of you, like myself, who've entrusted your projects with him. :thumbup:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 am
VIP Member

Afternoon hope you're all well.

Firstly sorry for not being around very much.
We (family) have had a pretty tough year so far, finding ourselves dealing with multiple loss and grief.
Real life has given enough to keep us occupied without the need to get involved with any online drama. (Months without a working phone helped).

Watches have not felt very important with whats been happening,, enthusiasm for watches took a severe hit last year following the ongoing attacks from Jose, honestly its a watch,, i just cannot be arsed with the abuse.

I joined this forum hmmm maybe 7 years ago, my only intention has been to build myself a nice watch,,,
i learnt a lot from some really talented builders and made some friends and got to know a lot of nice people.
Every time i built myself a watch ,, i'd have it for a while and think,,, " i could maybe do better next time" so would sell that and try again.
I've also been asked to do work for other people and i would always try to help if i could, sometimes its been frustrating to the point of tears, I've lost count of the number of other peoples watches I've done which was planned as a case shape and assembly and ended up trying to patch up 60 year old movements with broken parts , and make things fit that just don't want to fit.

The past few years its been harder to make watches because my baby girl suddenly turned into a toddler , so i can only really start after she's in bed. this has meant I've been really slow and no doubt tested peoples patience .
yes i have taken deposits and money from people to build watches ,, this is normally because i need to buy parts.
As a stay at home dad I've not been able to afford to fund peoples builds upfront.
I've always tried to do the best job i can for my own watches, and for anyone else.

I've spent 10 times what I've made and its only ever been a hobby (expensive one), more recently i was very fortunate to get some genuine parts , dials etc , this meant i could build myself a few really nice watches (in my opinion) and also sell a few bits on to some of you guys.

I have never knowingly misrepresented anything I've sold ,, in watches or otherwise.
What someone does with their watch after that is their business.

I've got some stuff to post to people, (i'll do that in the next few days) and some watches to finish,, i will work on these and produce them the absolute best i can.

I will sell all the watches i have built myself and not work on watches after that.

i'm done.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:41 am
VIP Member

It is a sad read Mark, I hope the important things in life will work out well for you and yours in the end.

The end of another story, be well.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 am
VIP Member

cheers buddy.
I've actually never sold anything into the vintage market.. some of the watches , which I'm told have later gone to auction ,, i have been sent for instance a complete watch that need hands swapped (hands supplied) , i'd make the hands fit,,, then fit them.
Mostly this work i did for free.
occasionally i would do it in exchange for a part i needed.

I've built more watches for friends and family than i have to sell,, then its pretty much only ever been sold on HF.

bennykwa wrote:
well, the way I see it is that Marc is one of the only members here working on an artisanal level and I have a lot of respect for his craft.

If he has collected money and parts from members and hasn't delivered on promises, than he does need to clarify this situation, but if stupid people on other forums want to shell out big cash for a franken build with questionable or completely non existent history, than that is up to them. Marc has gotten his builds up to the level that competes with a lot of these well known and questionable pieces on the Vintage Panerai market, which are mostly frankens anyway. Lies on the other hand are different, but I haven't really seen any yet from Marc, just vagueness, which should be a warning signal for any smart buyer. You can't really bash a man for being vague with some internet stranger.

Also, Marc didn't seem to be actively selling anything. Just posting his work. If he is selling to the vintage panerai market under false pretenses, well Karma is a bitch, but also buyer beware, due diligence, a fool and his money, etc; If we are talking about 60k watches, than do your research please. Btw, get in on Bitcoins now before it is too late.

This has unfortunately become a constant that has turned the watch world, especially vintage high end, into a snakes den. The market was generous for a long time, but now there is not a lot of room near the ceiling, so claws come out and everyone seems to be just trying to one up the next guy.

I am pretty sure everyone here has posted some build somewhere and a lot of you are not 100% honest about what you are wearing. It just so happens to be that a build by marc is very hard to tell from a gen even for "experts". Which I think is fuggin awesome! Fight the power! but do it honestly.

Anyhoo.....neither here or there, most people can learn a thing or two about quality builds from Marc.

Step your games up.

*a gen crown, "swiss" "gen" movement, or a "gen" "plexi" a franken make does not."

Quality costs money.

Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 am

rodeoro wrote:
Guys, I've heard from Mark, (23-02-18) and he's all ok.
That said, there has been a major upset in his day to day life which has temporarily put his watch work into a hiatus. Life is slowly getting back to some sort of normalcy and he's begining to address his backlog of work.
I hope that settles the mind of a lot of you, like myself, who've entrusted your projects with him. :thumbup:

goot to know thanks for heads up

franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 1 (ENGRAVED DIAL)
franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 2 (TROPIC PLEXI)
franken ennebi bronzo (just done)

Upcoming builds
alu mille metri (rip)?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36290&p=482845&hilit=franken+bronzo#p482845
______
DIY made easier- everything you wanted to know •
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4359&p=39253#p39253
[url=http://s605.photobucket.com/user/mellorsr/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI_zpspd68kak5.gif.html][img]

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:15 am

Yoda wrote:
It is a sad read Mark, I hope the important things in life will work out well for you and yours in the end.

The end of another story, be well.

good to heat from you m!

franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 1 (ENGRAVED DIAL)
franken mille metri (bronzo) Mark 2 (TROPIC PLEXI)
franken ennebi bronzo (just done)

Upcoming builds
alu mille metri (rip)?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=36290&p=482845&hilit=franken+bronzo#p482845
______
DIY made easier- everything you wanted to know •
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4359&p=39253#p39253
[url=http://s605.photobucket.com/user/mellorsr/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI_zpspd68kak5.gif.html][img]

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 am
VIP Member

mark_midlands wrote:
Afternoon hope you're all well.

Firstly sorry for not being around very much.
We (family) have had a pretty tough year so far, finding ourselves dealing with multiple loss and grief.
Real life has given enough to keep us occupied without the need to get involved with any online drama. (Months without a working phone helped).

Watches have not felt very important with whats been happening,, enthusiasm for watches took a severe hit last year following the ongoing attacks from Jose, honestly its a watch,, i just cannot be arsed with the abuse.

I joined this forum hmmm maybe 7 years ago, my only intention has been to build myself a nice watch,,,
i learnt a lot from some really talented builders and made some friends and got to know a lot of nice people.
Every time i built myself a watch ,, i'd have it for a while and think,,, " i could maybe do better next time" so would sell that and try again.
I've also been asked to do work for other people and i would always try to help if i could, sometimes its been frustrating to the point of tears, I've lost count of the number of other peoples watches I've done which was planned as a case shape and assembly and ended up trying to patch up 60 year old movements with broken parts , and make things fit that just don't want to fit.

The past few years its been harder to make watches because my baby girl suddenly turned into a toddler , so i can only really start after she's in bed. this has meant I've been really slow and no doubt tested peoples patience .
yes i have taken deposits and money from people to build watches ,, this is normally because i need to buy parts.
As a stay at home dad I've not been able to afford to fund peoples builds upfront.
I've always tried to do the best job i can for my own watches, and for anyone else.

I've spent 10 times what I've made and its only ever been a hobby (expensive one), more recently i was very fortunate to get some genuine parts , dials etc , this meant i could build myself a few really nice watches (in my opinion) and also sell a few bits on to some of you guys.

I have never knowingly misrepresented anything I've sold ,, in watches or otherwise.
What someone does with their watch after that is their business.

I've got some stuff to post to people, (i'll do that in the next few days) and some watches to finish,, i will work on these and produce them the absolute best i can.

I will sell all the watches i have built myself and not work on watches after that.

i'm done.

Nicely said.

In the years I’ve been on these fora I’ve never once seen Mark sell anything except as promised and as described.

In addition, unless life has gotten in his way, Mark has always tried to make things right for anyone who may have sent him work.

He’s a hobbyist like the rest of us. His finished products perhaps outstanding especially considering the rather simple tools he is working with that aren’t too uncommon in a garage.

For the trailer trash that dragged their make believe conspiracies to our forum.... well, we have seen that person sell their integrity time and again for a bit of access to the rich boy playground and a few shekels while consistently lying about their past and limited depths of their knowledge.

I’m glad to see you back Mark. So sorry about your personal losses lately and even more sad to see you’ll be off to other hobbies.

Even if we don’t have watches we will still have fun things to catch up on like families, cakes, and little bmw convertibles.

Welcome back.

Rolex 6200 Silix Build

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm
VIP Member

mmmcakes

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3