It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
2017-12-20: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your 
Sponsor

Post 2017-12-20: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your
2017-12-20: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your Families – THANK YOU

Gelukkig Kerstmis
joyeux Noël
Feliz Navidad
圣诞节快乐

The Kinderfocken are in full Christmas mode, it is over 30C and we are expecting Opa (Grandfather in Dutch, my Dad) tomorrow…Ho-Ho-Ho.

My apologies for the patchy communications during 2018. I took much of the year to recover from my accident. As my Sydney doctor said, head trauma can take up to 2 years or more to fully recover.

Australia remains close to the top of the list for the cost of accommodate and energy. Strange for such a resources rich and large land. I blame the politicians, privatisation, corporatisation and downright corruption and exploration of the average person. I write regularly to the government to vent may annoyance. But we are enjoying some relief living in the bush with the PV (solar panels) and the newly installed Sonnen battery. Viva la batterie.... My wife is not as excited as I…not sure why.

There is a new watch in the pipeline. A dress watch with a new movement that will take the brand to a new level.

As always, the watches and components are always being revised, refreshed and re-engineered. They will be the same but different. Like the new Porsche 911, the same but different.

The leather band will arrive. I have the leather, expecting the stainless tubes this week and the buckles in 2018 Q1. I have a maker in Vietnam and he has a small group of women in his factory making many things from designer goods to OWC bands. It will be different: as there is no filler, no PU-leather and nothing aside from leather top, bottom and in the middle. Available in BLACK.

The entry level watch will have the Soprod movement, as the 2892-A2 clone will be dropped when I exhaust current stock.

This is part of my longer-term strategy of focusing of quality, engineering rather than building down to a price. Jaguar Cars in the 20th century focused on building down to a price and while they are nice, you would always buy a Benz or a Porsche. My father (now 88 years old) a die-hard Jaguar car man now drives a Benz.

Keep well and safe.

Groeten
Daan

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]